readingromances

Reading Romances

Reading romances is one of my biggest passions! Go check my website on http://reading-romances.com

The Secret Life of Lady Lucinda
Sophie Barnes
Enslave
Felicity E. Heaton
the DOME (the DOME trilogy, #1) - Nova Sparks I bet you're wondering: why am I reviewing a sci-fi title? I read about romance and I love sci-fi, I'm a big fan of Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica and other series. Nova Sparks has a very interesting approach to romance when writing sci-fi.

This book is told from the perspective of Sam and his teenager daughter Emma. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Well, it's not! They complete each other's POVs and nowhere in the book you'll get lost or feel like skipping pages. I have to tell you I read this book in about 4 hours, I could stop reading it! The DOME, I dare to say, is one of the best sci-fi books around this year.

Now of course I have to critique the romance side of this novel. This book has a deep romance line that is very important to the development of the characters and the plot, therefore it has to describe love. I wouldn't take the love scenes out of this book (not because I love romances) because it connects the story in so many levels! I won't write any spoilers, but I believe we'll be watching the results of those actions SOON. I have to agree though that they could've been better worked on. Think about it!

There's nothing that caught my attention to the negative side, apart from a few errors that can be fixed with a better editing. The DOME is a rich and compelling story with very strong elements from movies, and an amazing plot. I could picture it all in my head like a tv series or a movie while reading it. Amazing, I was hung up! It's sci-fi, romance and fantasy all in one - I can barely wait to read the next two books! My dear reader, you can't miss this one!

To read more go to:http://readingromances.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/the-dome/