readingromances

Reading Romances

Reading romances is one of my biggest passions! Go check my website on http://reading-romances.com

The Secret Life of Lady Lucinda
Sophie Barnes
Enslave
Felicity E. Heaton
Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark Series, Book 9) - Kresley Cole My review line: I wasn't a big Regin fan, but Aidan's story has it's originality, making it possible to introduce great new characters, get to know some secrets, and it's probably vital for the next phase that comes .

Review:

First off, what a gorgeous cover we have here. It's amazing and represents very well the Hero, and spoiler-free! It deserves a golden star for not showing his face! I hate covers who show them, it ruins how I imagine the characters.

This was a book I couldn't put down, mainly because I adore the IAD series and Kresley Cole is one of the best paranormal authors around. They're fascinating books with amazing twists, and KC makes it all easy to read, managing good -and not boring- action scenes and delicious momments. I savor her books like a new discover, you wanna enjoy and remember every good moment, cause reading it twice isn't the same. She keeps surprising me, you never know how she'l solve an obstacle and anything can happen - that's why I love paranormal romances.

The title makes total sense by the time Declan start having his dreams, and those were a bit out of place in my opinion, he could've started dreaming at the begginin of the book, finding the answers while he interview/torturate Regin. She simply layed out the story for him and he took AGES to believe her...By the way: gee, that made me so angry! I believe that change would be great to their development at the start, we'd be wondering if they were real or not, would keep us a bit more curious and hooked about him.

I wasn't a big Regin fan, but Aidan's story has it's originality, making it possible to introduce great new characters, get to know some secrets, and it's probably vital for the next phase that comes . The I-don't know-what-you-are boy, Natalie and the Besekers. Beyond that, we learned a whole lot more about Lothaire and his "special power"...and who the heck is EndGame?Huh We'll have to wait till her book in december! One of my favorites scenes is the one he talk to Nix, we could realise how important their part is on the Ancession. Can't wait to see them together soon.

Nix as always, a valkyre, saviour, bitch and mad as ever, had one of her best scenes yet: the message to declan. I have to confess I kept reading it over and over and laughing every time!
What about her pet then? LMAO!!!
I LOVE YOU NIXIE< WANNA BE MY BFF?

I don't believe this was her best book by far, but it was great for the development of the series, clearing up some questions, building up a few more and leaving me expecting anciously Lothaire's book. I believe his book will start a new phase of the Ancession.

Best chapter: The first one, when you learn their "legend".
Best scene: The shower one (aren't they always?!)

MUST READ: For paranormal book lovers, KC/IAD fans, if you loved this review or is curious about the-ever-knowing NIX!

TO READ: If you enjoy escaping action scenes, good teasing sex scenes, if you wanna meet Nix, the ever-knowing!

DON'T READ: If you don't like reincarnations, despise stockholm syndrom or don't think people like Nix can be funny (you're wrong! read it!). Or if you think I'm a liar. (Mwahahaha!)

Worth buying? Yes.