readingromances

Reading Romances

Reading romances is one of my biggest passions! Go check my website on http://reading-romances.com

The Secret Life of Lady Lucinda
Sophie Barnes
Enslave
Felicity E. Heaton
Blood Reaction - D.L. Atha read the full review at: http://readingromances.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/blood-reaction-by-d-l-atha/

I was caught unexpectedly at first when I started reading and it was a first person POV, and in the present. I kind of hoped to see Asa's POV, but a few chapters ahead, I realized that Annalice is the soul of the pages. I was anxious and curious every time I turned a new page, a feeling that I have been missing when reading a new book.

Asa blackmails Annalice in order to satisfy his needs of blood and lust. It could easily be a story around a vampire raping the poor woman over and over again (warning: there's only one raping scene and it's not a big, long, nor emotional approach ) and making her world miserable, but that's not the path chosen for this title. Their romance scenes work really well. She's a very clever woman and he's the creepy vampire guy, but they're not stereotyped characters. The dialogs were a bit rough and I found a few typos. I have to mention that left tired and a bit annoyed every time he brought up the fact that he was oh so strong, how easily he could kill her and that he would. Come on, stop ruining the mood, Asa!

You can expect a surprising contemporary romance spiced with blood, and a very handsome vampire. Atha penned this with a lot of care, I wasn't expecting the ending to be the way it was. I'm still shocked, I mean, how can you not?! This a fantastic debut novel that you don't wanna miss.

This book was kindly provided by the author. That doesn't affect my opinion about the book.